“Corral Your Ca$h Cow!”
Presenter: Russ Riddle
As a business owner, your most valuable asset aside from people is your intellectual property. This session saddles you up to better protect, manage and fatten that cash cow.
- Distinguish between the intellectual property types
- Ensure ownership from the outset (employees vs. contractors)
- Ace copyrights and avoid copy-wrongs
- Master the trademark DOs and DONʼTs
- Preserve, Protect & Defend — Police your I.P.
- Stop rustling others’ cash cows
- Avoid “public domain” land mines
- Capitalize and comply with licensing opportunities
About the Presenter:
What do Barney®, Zig Ziglar, Thomas the Tank Engine® and you have in common? All have been served (or are about to be) by Russ Riddle! Russ serves up quick wit, humorous storytelling and poignant tips, keeping you involved from start to finish.
Having practiced marriage for 34 years, law for 26, fatherhood for 25, and braved adventures as a juvenile probation officer and newspaper columnist, Russ Riddle is convinced that we must never stop learning and laughing.
His love of levity stems in part from an intellectual property law practice that has served such clients as Barney& Friends®, Wishbone®, Bob the Builder®, Thomas & Friends®, the voices of Jimmy Neutron® and Larry the Cucumber®, impersonators of John Wayne and Michael Jackson, and many members of NSA throughout the country.
Russ earned his J.D. from Texas Tech University School of Law. He is a past president of NSA North Texas and currently serves nationally as Chair of the Chapter Leadership Committee. He’s the author of two books: Lawyer Up – The Smart Way and Persuasive vs. Abrasive – The judges have ruled, as well as the intellectual property manual Corral Your Cash Cow.
Doubletree Plymouth Meeting
640 Fountain Road
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Hear More About NSA-PHL
- THE STORY FORMULA: Connection and Engagement through Strategic Storytelling
December 13, 2017
- Perception and Reality: Get Both Fast on Any Work-in-Progress
January 24, 2018
- Present Like a Pro! How to Develop and Deliver Amazingly Effective Presentations
February 3, 2018