Present Like a Pro! How to Develop and Deliver Amazingly Effective Presentations
If you are a professional speaker, trainer, consultant, coach OR a working professional who speaks (or would like to speak) as part of your, job, this highly interactive full-day event is for you!
Join us on SATURDAY, February 3, 2018 from 8:00am to 4:00pm for a day packed with tools and strategies, to make YOU a better, more confident and more, marketable speaker.
9:00am-12:00pm The Elements of a Great Speech
What makes a great speech? How about great stories, passion, audience interaction, and a little (or a lot of) humor?In this session, you will see four professional speakers deliver short 10-15 minute speeches that demonstrate a specific skill. Then a facilitator will work with the audience to analyze what the speaker did and discuss how YOU can incorporate those elements into your own presentations. You’ll learn:
- Audience Interaction to Stand Out and Be Memorable with Elaine Pasqua, CSP
- Putting Your Passion in Your Presentation with Jim Smith, Jr., CSP
- Storytelling Strategies with Lu Ann Cahn
- Making the Most of Humor with Drew Tarvin
12:00pm-1:15pm Lunch & Networking
1:15pm-2:15PM Deep Dive Breakout Sessions
- “Deep Dive on Audience Interaction,” Elaine Pasqua, CSP: In this interactive session, Elaine will follow up from her morning presentation and dive deeper into audience interaction techniques. She will share multiple techniques speakers can use to involve the audience and be remembered long after their presentation is over.
- “Deep Dive on Humor,” Drew Tarvin: Humor is a skill which means it can be learned. This follow-up session to Drew’s morning presentation will teach you that skill by helping you understand your personal humor style and teach you a process for punching up your presentations to gain more laughter, increase engagement, and have a lot more fun. Participants will learn a step-by-step process to adding humor to their programs, understand 10 common humor devices AND practice skills needed to effectively use humor.“
- Finding and Crafting Stories That Work” with Gerry Lantz: Nothing nails a point and makes your content more memorable in a presentation than a well-told story. Discover and tell stories that are true to you, true to life, and stick in the mind of your audience. Move beyond dry formats like “Situation-Action-Result” and practice the power in ABCD—“Action, Backstory, Conflict/Climax, Destination.” In this session, YOU will tell a story.
2:30pm-3:30PM Deep Dive Breakout Sessions
- “How to Be a Professional Speaker,” Steve Bollar: Would you like to be paid to give presentations? In this session, you will learn how to make the transition from speaking for fun (or “exposure”) to earning real money (and even making a living) from speaking. You will learn what it takes to be a successful speaker and you will walk out the door knowing the next few steps you need to take to get started down that path.
- “The New School/Old School of Speaking,” Jim Smith Jr.: What does change and breathing have in common? If you’re not doing either you’re probably not living. So much has changed in our world and continues to change at a rapid pace – and that includes speaking. This session will explore, as it relates to presenting and audience engagement, where we were, where we are, and where we’re going. Showing up and throwing up content is not going to cut it. It’s time for authenticity, enthusiasm and innovation! It’s time for the new school!
- “Delivering Like a Seasoned Pro,” Avish Parashar: Speaking is easy. Speaking *well* on the other hand, can be incredibly difficult. In this interactive session, you will learn key skills that will take your delivery to the next level and increase your impact, influence, and income.
3:45PM-4:30PM High-Octane Panel Discussion
When you think of a panel-discussion, “high-octane” is probably the last term you would use to describe it. Many panel discussions can be slow, low-energy affairs. Fortunately, you can bet that this one won’t be!
The day will wrap up with a panel discussion featuring all of the day’s presenters. The format, however, will be a little different from the traditional panel format. In addition to questions and discussions, there will be rapid-fire questions, one-sentence answers, curveballs, and audience Q&A. This will be the perfect way to wrap up a fun, high-content day of learning and application.
Date: Saturday, February 3, 2018
Time: 8:00am to 4:00pm
Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia City Ave.
4100 Presidential Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Elaine Pasqua, CSP is one of the most effective and dynamic speakers addressing high-risk drinking, sexual health, sexual assault, and bystander intervention. For the past 20 years she has transformed the lives of over a half a million people at more than 600 universities nationwide, high schools, parent groups, countless professional organizations, and the military. She has worked with athletes from 30 professional sports teams from the NFL, the NBA, and the MLB. At 5’3 she loves standing among these gentle giants and enjoys enhancing the lives of young adults and athletes. She motivates her audiences to make positive choices to achieve outstanding performance. Elaine is the author of #Mom I Got This: Building Your Legacy in College and Beyond and is a columnist for SmartFem and Campus Activities Magazines.
Jim Smith, Jr., “Mr. Energy”, is a lightning rod in the personal and professional development world. He helps leaders, speakers, trainers and individual contributors present, lead and live without limits. As the Founder, CEO and President of Jim Smith International, Jr., he’s started a revolution to help individuals and organizations around the globe dramatically transform into the best versions of themselves.Read More
Lu Ann Cahn is the author of the inspirational memoir I Dare Me, an entertaining look back on a year that changed everything for her. The book grew out of a blog called Year of Firsts, which chronicled this veteran journalist, mother and survivor’s daily adventures as she pushed herself to try something new for every single day – an effort to get her life “unstuck,” as her daughter put it.Read More
Andrew Tarvin is the world’s first Humor Engineer teaching people how to get better results while having more fun. He has worked with thousands of people at 200+ organizations, including P&G, GE, and Microsoft. Combining his background as a project manager at Procter & Gamble with his experience as an international comedian, Andrew’s program are engaging, entertaining, and most important, effective. He is a best-selling author, has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and TEDx, and has delivered programs in 50 states, 18 countries, and 1 Planet (Earth). He loves the color orange and is obsessed with chocolate.Read More